Monday, April 6, 2009

*This review is a guest review written by my nine year old daughter, Sarah, all thoughts and opinions are her own.* Rating: 4.5/5
Grade: B - 8 and up - (scary parts, a few bad words)

This book is about this boy who's parents die by this very powerful wizard. He is given to his most hated relatives. One day there are all these letters that his uncle keeps destroying, and then his uncle says, "that's it, we are going very far away." Once they leave this wizard named Hagrid finds them and gives Harry a birthday cake. Hagrid tells him that he has been asked to go to the school of witchcraft and wizardry. Harry gets all of his school supplies in London, then he gets on the train and meets Ron Weasley. They have lots of fun talking. Then this girl named Hermione introduces herself. These two become Harry's friends, and they have lots of adventures together.

I like this book because I like reading books about magic and wizards, I find it very interesting. I like when Harry gets assigned on the Grifindor Quiditch team, because he learns all about Quiditch and how to play the game, and how to catch the snitch. I like how many adventures the characters have in this book. I like that there is always something that Harry gets himself into--for example when he gets detention. And how Neville is always the one who gets in trouble in classes like when the defense against the dark arts teacher lets out the pixies, and he gets hanged by the chandelier. He is funny.

If you like wizards and magic, you will like this book, it is very exciting and fun.

11 comments:

Unknown April 6, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Great review Sarah! I really enjoyed the Harry Potter books as well. Elliott, who is 6, cant wait to read them all.

Unknown April 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

Awesome review! I really like this book too!

Literary Feline April 6, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Wonderful review, Sarah! I really like the Harry Potter books too.

Jen April 6, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Lovely review Sarah!

BTW I had no idea that Harry Potter had bad words in it!

Shelley April 6, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

Great review! I love Neville--he is one of my favorite characters. I'm so excited for you that you are starting this series. Keep going-they just get better and better!

kalea_kane April 6, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

Great review, Sarah! It has been a long time since I have read this. I am so glad to have the reminder of how good it was. :)

Anonymous,  April 7, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Very nice, Sarah! This is one of my favorite series.

Darlene April 7, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Very well written review Sarah! It made me remember why I love Harry Potter so much.

Luanne April 8, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Great review Sarah - I liked the Harry Potter books as well!

Toni April 9, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

clap clap clap... I love the Harry Potter Books. What a great review. Thank you for the reminder of how awesome Harry Potter books are!

Book Lover Lisa April 11, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Thanks to all who commented on this post. My daughter was thrilled!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP